JCS Jerk Quesadilla with Calypso Salsa
1 hr. 45 mins
- One package flour tortillas
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast.
- 1/2 bottle of JCS Boston Jerk Sauce (5oz)
- 1 tbsp JCS Boston Jerk Seasoning (10oz)
- 1 (16-ounce) bag finely shredded cheddar cheese
Simple Calypso Salsa
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp CEG Hot Calypso Sauce
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
An island spin on the everyday quesadilla. This simple dish is full of flavor. Watch as its vibrant taste comes alive when the jerk flavor is added.
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Bake chicken for approximately 30-45 minutes until fully cooked
-Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Shred the chicken and add to a 4-quart sauce pan.
-Add the JCS Boston Jerk Sauce and JCS Boston Jerk Seasoning stir and let simmer for 25 minutes.
-Meanwhile heat a sauce pan over medium-low heat.
-Place a tortilla in the saute pan.
-Place a small amount of the shredded cheese on one half of the tortilla.
-Place a spoon full of shredded jerk chicken on top of the cheese and place another small amount of shredded cheese on top of the Jerk.
-Fold over tortilla,then once cheese begins to melt, flip over and let sit until all cheese is melted.
- For Calypso Salsa, put all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Ready to serve!
*Feel free to add sour cream or other favorite condiment*